Monday, November 23, 2009

Nov. 21 Update

We have been motoring for about 28 hours now and there is no wind in the forecast for the next 2 days. That will be longer than our fuel will hold out. We would like to be able to keep moving but if not we have more than enough food and water to wait it out. We will have made all of the easting we need in another day and can just sit and wait for the trades to fill in at that point. We are now second guessing our selves for things we could have done to sail further earlier on.

Yesterday we had a weird experience while motoring along. Between 2 PM and 4 PM we had 6 ships approach within about 8 miles of us. It seemed like a crossroads with all the traffic from all different directions. One ship got our AIS to blink, which shows a possible collision. We called him on the VHF radio and were assured that they saw our AIS image and would pass to our stern.

We have just altered course more south in hopes of finding wind.

We have all the fixings for Thanksgiving in case we don't. Of course we will have roast chicken as a turkey will not fit in our oven.

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment